Monday, December 1, 2008

Post-Production Update

Well, it's been over a week now since production, and post is coming along nicely! On Saturday, Nick, Buddy, and I started coloring the film. The picture looks beautiful! I love the Red camera. Thank God we used it instead of 16mm film! It only took a few hours to do the preliminary color correcting, but it took about two days to render all of the files afterward! Tonight, we're going to start cutting (finally!). I can't wait to begin putting the film together. We have loads of footage, but hopefully it won't take too long to edit. Thanks to Jordan, we have all the takes logged, so editing should go rather quickly. I'll let you know how the cutting goes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm surprised that you would not wait to do color correction until last. I'd say that's the way it's done 99% of the time in post. Also, why not do an offline edit first so you're not dealing with such big files and so much time to render? Regardless, your result is awesome...just a suggestion for next time.

 
Webpage Design and Site Photography Property of Jonathan Taylor Photography | 2008