Monday, December 8, 2008

It's almost finished!

The final cut has been sent to the composer! Thanks to hours of cutting and tweaking and Nick not getting any sleep (sorry Nick!).

On Saturday, I brought my list of editing notes and Nick dutifully fixed everything. Afterwards, he uploaded a Quicktime file for me to obsess over and make another list of notes. I watched it countless times on Saturday night and Sunday. Then, last night, we made all the final changes. It looks great! I'm amazed at what Nick can do! Because we were working with a 4K image, he could reframe shots and create new ones. Oh the wonders of the Red Camera! One example...the mirror in the very last shot was just a hair crooked (just enough to bug me, I hate crooked lines!). Even though Nick said it was only 6 pixels off, it looked much better to me when fixed. It took 45 minutes to straighten that shot, but I'm much happier with it now!

Nick, his roommate Ian, and Buddy convinced me to let go of a shot I loved because it no longer made sense in the film. It's kind of been a joke between us all along because they never thought it fit, and I always did. Turns out they were right (yes, I admit it, guys!). The shot is a close up of Sarah's crumpled name tag on the floor and I wanted it cut into the end titles, but because we ended up only having one character wear a name tag, it wasn't established long enough to make sense. Oh, well!

I'm hoping that my composer will be able to finish the music by tomorrow. We'll still be able to do some minor tweaks and color changes after we get the music, but all the major cutting is finished. It's really exciting for me to see everything coming together!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. If crookedness bothers you that much 'll bet all the picture frames hanging on the walls in your house are pretty much dead on level, huh? :P

Unknown said...

Congrats Brooke! You guys rock. Can't wait to see it!

Brooke said...

Yes, Jono. I guess you could say I'm just a little OCD! ;)

 
Webpage Design and Site Photography Property of Jonathan Taylor Photography | 2008